Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween Part II


Greetings, gentle Reader! It is that time of year again. Time for costumes and trick-or-treating! Time for ghost stories and haunted houses! Unless, of course, you're the type of person that views Halloween as evil and then you are just sitting at home with your lights off while kids file past your house saying "No, don't go to that house. They don't give out candy." I just have four words for you partypoopers: More candy for us!

My Belovéd and I traveled to the other side of Pennsylvania this weekend to visit Jon & Kat, some friends of ours, for the weekend. I found out that this past week they got engaged! I'm so very happy for them!

We basically just lounged around for the weekend, eating and shopping at flea markets and thrift stores. Why is it that the good thrift stores are over 5 hours away? I don't even think we have a good flea market around here. We have an "Antique Mall" where there are some antiques, but mostly just overpriced old stuff.

I found some sweaters that I can wear (including a yummy cream Liz Claiborne angora/lambswool sweater for $4!!!) and some sweaters I can pull apart for the yarn and some lovely scarves. Kat and I decided that we have the perfect symbiotic shopping relationship. I have good luck, generally, when I go to a thrift store. I can find stuff that I want that actually fits most of the time. I also have the ability to share that luck with the people who accompany me. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself!) Anyway, I helped Kat find some really sweet deals and she kept me from buying half the store. We had a great time!

Morgan (Kat's puppy) and Jaws (my puppy) got along well, although Jaws wouldn't chase Morgan as much as she wanted. She darted from room to room, play-bowing to Jaws to chase her, but he just wagged his tail and watched, mostly.

We had a fabulous turkey dinner followed by a showing of "The Life Aquatic," for which My Belovéd dressed up once again as Steve Zissou. I promptly fell asleep after Esteban was eaten and did not awaken until after the end credits. I think I'm all Zissou-ed out.

No comments: