Thursday, October 20, 2005

Latest knittings

As you may already know, my most recent obsession is knitting socks. I knitted my first pair this past week...sort of. The first sock that I knitted is an oatmeal color and is actually a little too short for my foot. I wear it anyway. My second sock is a chestnut-chocolate color and is the right size. A mate for the second sock is in the works, but I fear I may not have enough yarn for a second of the same color throughout. I may have to use the leftover oatmeal color to finish the toe. I'll post pics when I can get my hands on a digital camera...which will hopefully be this weekend.

This weekend will also be filled with Halloween fun as very dear friends of mine are gathering for the annual Hallow's Eve party at Heather and Charles' house. I was Queen of Halloween last year and this years duties will include crowning the new King or Queen. We will also be debuting our latest short film "The Newlydead Game." It turned out extraordinarily well since the whole thing, from conception to completion, only took about 6 hours. I also look forward to Heather & Charles' costumes. Each year they make their own period pieces. After debuting them at their annual party, they take them down to New Orleans for the Halloween bash that is nearly as large as Mardi Gras. I'm not sure if their plans have changed this year, due to Hurricane Katrina.

My Halloween costume is still in the works. I currently lack the drive to do much of my own sewing. [I think that may become a New Year's resolution, and a rather good one. ] I usually just slap together a few staples from my costume chest [okay, it's not really a chest, it's more like a cardboard box in my attic.] This year the only idea that has stuck is a Sith. My Belovéd has created a Light Saber for me and it really would be a shame not to show it off. As for female Siths, it really was a shame that George Lucas didn't explore that possibility further.

The hour of "CSI" draws nigh.

à bientot

No comments: