Friday, October 05, 2007

Inspired

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Well, here I go again! I've been lurking around a few sites recently that have inspired me to get in touch with my sewing side...and reunite with my blog, which has lain so patiently all these months.

I was flip-flopping on starting the
Wardrobe Refashion challenge. While I am confident I can avoid buying anything new off-the-rack, I doubt my abilities as a seamstress to be able to assemble clothing that I could actually wear out in public that wasn't a costume. But...it is a challenge, right? What the hell!

I, The Mad Tatter, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 4 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that my thriftyness brings! Signed, The Mad Tatter.

Let the insanity...er, I mean, the craftiness begin!

3 comments:

nicolecreates said...

Hey Lisa, congrats on taking the challenge too in spite of less than stellar sewing skills (I am in the same boat as you!). In response to your question/comment on my blog (thanks btw, those were terrible pictures but I think everything turned out really well and honestly-- was super easy) about the art-- it's a canvas that's about 3 feet tall and maybe 4 wide and I covered it- Pollock-style - in paint and cigarettes that I'd thiefed from boys that smoked and random words/sentences that came tumbling out stream of consciousness-like. Most people hate it... (I'm pretty sure my roommate hid it when she had people over this past weekend...) but it was a very therapeutic 'painting' experience.

nicolecreates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsty said...

Go you!
I really want to do that (to be honest, I very rarely buy new anyway, all my friends seem to think of me whenever they're getting rid of old clothes. Hmm, maybe they're trying to tell me something...)

I'm sure you'll be fine making things- hey, if nothing else it's a great opportunity to get your confidence up!

By the way- I followed you over from your comment on my vintage knitting patterns- thanks!