Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Goodwill Hunting

God, I love Goodwill! It's the only place I know where I can spend $30 and walk away with a whole new wardrobe of designer clothes! My most recent reason to go to Goodwill is to find knit sweaters to recycle. Which brings me to my story:

I went to my LYS today to pick up the
Fiber Trends Felt Clog pattern because I could not justify doubling the price of the pattern with shipping and waiting days for it to arrive, when I could drive a few minutes (or 1/2 an hour) out of my way and pick it up myself. Then I looked at how much yarn I would need. about 800 yards. Okay...average skein of yummy Reynolds Lopi = 100 yards. I would need at least 8 of those, at $6 a skein= way too much to pay for a pair of clogs. Soooooo...I am going to go through the sweaters I have snagged from Goodwill. At $3.50 a piece, and sometimes 1/2 price, I figure this is a much more economical way to experiment, as I am a felting virgin. [blush] I will let you know how this little experiment of mine goes. I plan on starting the clogs as soon as I can frog the victims...I mean, uh, sweaters.

I am also DESPERATE for a digital camera. I won what essentially amounts to a $100 gift card to Best Buy in the McDonald's Monopoly game and I'm thinking I may give that to my parents so they can get me a decent digital camera for Christmas. 'Cause they don't sell yarn at Best Buy and I already own as much of Neverwinter Nights as I care to right now. Than I can actually have pictures! Not only in my blog, but in my life! [I have a terrible habit of taking pictures and never having them developed. I know I at least have 3 rolls from a vacation to New York City that are almost 10 years old. Hell, I probably still have undeveloped film from high school, and I graduated...sheesh! 12 years ago! Maybe I should ask for that for Christmas...

No comments: