Thursday, November 17, 2005

Snow is a four-letter "S" word

So I just went outside to chase after Jaws who had forgotten the bounds of the "yard," when I noticed white stuff on the fallen leaves outside. Could it be? Yes folks, we have our first official snow of the season here in Kent, Ohio. You know what that means, don't you? Neither do I, but it was rather surprising this morning since all week the temperature has been hovering near 60 or better.

Now for the bad news: my mood has been less than healthy lately and I'm not sure what to do about it. I ran on my treadmill last night, hoping the endorphin boost might help, but all it did was get me sweaty and inspire me to start on a quilting project which was abandoned 15 minutes later, leaving me with a flurry of fabric scraps on the floor.

When things get bad, I do not contemplate suicide, I contemplate relocation. I calculate how far I could get on the contents of my bank account and what I would take with me. How I would move somewhere and start a new life where no one knew me, preferably somewhere small and New England-y or somewhere out West, like Montana. When things get really bad, I find a nice rock to hide under and wait for someone to notice. However, since most of my interaction with humans takes place on the phone, no one really notices. Fortunately, I am going home this weekend. Unfortunately, that means I will get no schoolwork or housework done, furthering my overwhelmed-ness. But at least I get to knit and eat home-cooked meals.

No comments: