Friday, November 11, 2005

Knitting "muffins"

A few years ago, I was employed by a grad student to watch her 2 children while she went to class. She had a daughter (5) and a son (9). I started working with them in October, so the weather was fast approaching cold. I picked up the girl from daycare one day and she was all bundled up in her winter coat, her hat and mittens. I put her in the back seat of my car and on the way home she asked "Lisa, can I take off my muffins?"
Trying not to giggle too loudly, I asked "What, sweetie?"
"Can I take off my muffins...mittens? I know they're called 'mittens,' I just like calling them 'muffins.'"
"I like that too! Of course you can take off your muffins."

Aubrey, this pair is for you!

I cast on a pair of the Inner Child muffins from the
Hip to Knit book. Since I am a very, very poor college student, I opted for the 2 straight needle pair (since I can't afford more DPNs at this time, although they are on my Christmas list) and I am knitting in Caron Simply Soft yarn (in Grey Heather), which is available at my local Wal*Mart for $2 a skein. In spite of the fact that it is pure acrylic, it is very soft and easy to work with.

I will post pictures of my WsIP next weekend when I go to visit my parents; they have a digital camera. :)

1 comment:

Beka said...

dude, in the midst of all of your knitting, you're still making my doll right? :0)

Miss you!