Saturday, November 19, 2005

Sockos


Here's the very first pair of knitted socks. I finally have pictures! I knew they didn't match, but I didn't care; I wore them anyway.
Then I made the chocolate-colored one a twin, so the wheat-colored one is the third wheel. More accurately, he's the not-quite-large-enough-wheat-colored third wheel. I can't believe how warm they are and how cheap! Wool-ease is available at my friendly neighborhood Pat Catan's for about $2 a skein and I can make a pair of ankle socks to fit my size 11 1/2 feet with one skein. [doing a little happy dance] I can't buy socks that fit in the stores that cheap! So, once Christmas gifts are done, I'll be knitting myself a herd of hand-knit socks!

On a different note, I found a new KAL and I just about died when I saw how gorgeous one of the
proposed patterns is. Upon completion (which is tentatively set for next Halloween) I will be able to become The Mad Tatter. I plan on utilizing every string-craft in my repertoire to create this costume and I hope by announcing it here that I will actually follow through. I am so excited!!!!

1 comment:

chittavrtti said...

That is a beautiful pattern for the KAL. What colour are you thinking of making it in?